BC Development Course.
BIA refresher, Plan Writing and Exercising 2 – Day Course Prospectus - This is a two-day development course designed to refresh and enhance business impact analysis skills, introduce delegates to BC plan writing and plan exercising.
The reference documents for this course are the international standard for Business Continuity Management (BCM) ISO22301, the Technical Specification for Business Impact Analysis ISO/TS22317, Cabinet office Exercise Planners Guide and Chapter 6 of the Cabinet Office Emergency Preparedness Manual.
Who should attend? (Maximum of 16 delegates) - This course will be of benefit to the following staff groups:
- Those who have completed the fundamentals course or equivalent BC training and are responsible for plan development and plan writing.
- Those managers responsible for implementing BCM within the organisation and have a basic knowledge of BCM.
- Those who need to update or refresh their BIA skills and Plan writing knowledge
- Those who are responsible for exercising and maintaining BC plans
Course Materials - Included in the cost of the course is the provision of a 2gb USB flash drive, that will contain: A BIA Template and practical guide, BC Plan template, ISO22301 audit spreadsheet, a "check your plan" spreadsheet, Cabinet Office exercise planners guide, chapter 6 Emergency Preparedness Manual and some exercise scenarios for your use.
Learning Outcomes. - The day is made up of presentations and group exercises that have a practical emphasis on the ability to collect and translate organisation information into coherent BC Plans and write relevant exercises for those plans with the following outcomes:
- Refresh, update and review existing BIA skills
- Produce a basic BIA for delegates unit or department using templates provided
- Produce a BC Strategy using BIA
- Produce a basic BC plan for delegates unit or department using templates provided
- Review an existing plan using the “check plan spreadsheet” tool provided
- List appropriate ways to validate BC plans that suit delegates organisation
- Write an exercise with at least two injects for a relevant plan.
- Know where the duty to develop BC plans comes from and name the relevant guidance
- Have an understanding of supply chain vulnerabilities
Cost are fixed until April 2018
Public Sector. By using your own venue, I can keep the total costs of training up to 16 people on this course, inclusive of flash drive and BC templates down to £1650.00 plus accommodation and travel expenses.